All motorists in BC must carry basic automobile insurance with ICBC to drive a vehicle in the lower mainland area.
Basic Autoplan provides:
- 200,000 Third Party Liability
- Accident Benefits
- Underinsured Motorist Protection
- Protection Against Hit-and-Run and Uninsured Motorists
- Inverse Liability Coverage
Optional Insurance is available with ICBC
- Liability limits can be increased to 2 million
- Collision to cover damage to your vehicle as well as to have a lesser deductible in the event of hit and run
- Comprehensive covers fire, theft, attempted theft, vandalism, glass, impact with animal, storm and more…
Specified Perils coverage are not as broad as that covered under the comprehensive option
- Loss of Use to ensure a rental car in the event of a loss
- Replacement Cost or Limited Depreciation to ensure the highest possible payout or a brand new vehicle in the event of a total loss
- Underinsured Motorist Protection to cover you in the event the person who caused the accident did not carry adequate insurance limits
The coverage can also include Storage Coverages.
Many things affect your Autoplan premiums:
- How you use your vehicle: business, driving to work or school, pleasure, etc.
- Where you live –The lower mainland, for example, is a more expensive territory than the Chilliwack and Hope area.
- Your claims history- Drivers obtain 5% discount for every claim-free year of driving. Roadstar additional discounts apply if you are 10 years claim free or longer.
- The vehicle you drive – Cars that are expensive to repair, cars that tend to be involved in crashes, cars that are stolen more often than others: all cost more to insure when you buy optional insurance.
We are happy to review your auto needs and explain these coverages in detail.
No need to leave the comfort of your home or business, all information can be gathered via telephone or you can complete a quote application now for fast and efficient service.